Monday, May 25, 2009

Seven Archangels: Annhiliation by Jane Lebak


Heaven is forever---or so we thought.What would happen if Satan could obliterate a soul?

All angels have known since their creation that they cannot be killed--but now the enemy is convinced the impossible can be done. Demons abduct and are able to tear apart the Archangel Gabriel's soul, leaving Heaven in stunned grief. If angels can be killed, where is God's justice? Can Gabriel be saved from the void? How can Satan be prevented from achieving a final victory against God by stopping others from loving Him forever?

Jane Lebak's breathtaking novel, Seven Archangels: Annihilation, is a storm that encompasses all Heaven and Hell before it's over, a question of what it means to be eternal, what it means to die forever, and what it means to love someone when you know it might cost you everything.

1. Why did you write this book?

I had written it the first time in 1989 in ten days as a reaction against a toxic professor who seemed to be destroying my creativity. I rewrote it in 2005 because I knew I could do better now, and because there was so much good stuff even in that horrid first draft.

2. What was your favorite part to write?

Not my favorite, but the most intense part for me to write was when Beelzebub "took care of the problem" with Mephistopheles. I set the kids up with the TV, started a playlist on my iPod, and the next thing I knew, the kids were coming back upstairs and the scene was written. I was mentally gone through that whole writing.

3. What was most challenging?

The most challenging part to write was Remiel's gradual loss of her sanity. It was difficult to see her slipping away as she dealt with Gabriel's situation at her own expense.

4. What do you hope readers get from it?

I would hope the readers are as entranced by angels as I am and answer the question for themselves of how involved angels are in our everyday lives.

5. What's next for you?

My current work in progress is about the growing pains of a string quartet. It's quite mundane, but just as fun.

For more information: http://archangels.janelebak.com
Jane's weblog: http://philangelus.wordpress.com

No comments: