Monday, July 13, 2009

Gonzo the Curious Cat by Martha Ramirez


Gonzo is a curious cat that lives on Farmer Louie's farm. As he learns the many lessons of life by his misadventures, he is often reminded of Farmer Louie's motto, "Safety First." Farmer Louie always knew that Gonzo's curiosity and adventurous personality would one day get him into trouble. But when Gonzo finds himself lost in an unfamiliar place, he discovers the true meaning of why it is important to be extra careful and less curious. Will Gonzo find the special gift he is searching for while lost? Come join the fun and meet all the playful barnyard friends, Gonzo the Curious Cat, and Farmer Louie. Learn what friendship and safety can bring.

Visit MartzBookz.com for more info



An Interview with Martha Ramirez:

1. Why did you write this book?

Gonzo the Curious Cat was written in honor of my brother-n-law Gonzo and father-in-law. When my brother-in-law was struck by a car (the second time in his life) I decided that children need to be reminded about safety. My brother-in-law, Gonzo, is like a cat with nine lives! In the book I share stories on how Gonzo's curiosity gets him into trouble. Farmer Louie reminds Gonzo how to stay safe, but Gonzo is more mischievous than Farmer Louie would like.

2. What was hardest to write about this book?

My father-in-law passed away shortly before I started writing the story. Though he couldn't read English I still would had liked to have shown him what he would had looked like as a cartoon.

3. What did you enjoy writing the most?

Naming all the animals after my family.

4. What do you hope folks will get from this book?

The importance of safety.

5. What's next for you?

A romance suspense (YA) debut novel.

No comments: