Saturday, October 21, 2006

Fantasy: The Duke's Handmaid by Caprice Hokstad

The Duke's Handmaid, by Caprice Hokstad.

Keedrina is a young peasant girl who lives on the outskirts of a prosperous seaport town. After marauders kill her family and burn her farmhouse, she meets Duke Vahn, who champions her cause, apprehending the outlaws and meting out justice. Orphaned and homeless, Keedrina envies the slaves who live in fine homes with luxuries she has never had. The duke offers Keedrina a position as his indentured servant. With very little left to live on, and intrigued with the handsome young noble, Keedrina accepts. Can the simple farmgirl find a family among the refined servants in the duke’s house? Not if the prejudiced and conniving duchess has her way!

Book one of a fantasy trilogy, The Duke’s Handmaid is packed with adventure, mystery, and even a little romance.

Reviews:

You don’t know me, but I bought The Duke’s Handmaid a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. You are an excellent author. I think the comparisons with C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien are justified.--Philana Crouch

I can honestly say that I have never read a book that has captivated me like yours did. --Andrew Broughton

It’s good to read interesting, clean books without cussing and crude sex! --Cheryl Close

No comments: