Thursday, October 30, 2008

Interview With C. A. Milson


What inspired you to write this book?

The first inspiration for writing this particular story came to me in 1989, when I was living in Melbourne, Australia. The original story was titled "Shack of Evil", a
9-page story based on the character of Jamiesonn. The story idea came from a Hobbytex picture my mother had on the wall of her apartment. After writing "Shack of Evil", I went on to write an additional 25 short stories, all of different genres, including a children's story. Shack of Evil would later become the base for what is now the trilogy of The Chosen, Bloodline of Darkness, and Prophecy's End.

What was the hardest part of writing this?


The hardest part is the re-writing of chapters and scenarios. No part of writing is perfect from the first sentence, as I will have an idea for a chapter, then when I have reviewed it I am likely to scratch that whole scene and go in a completely different direction. The other hard part is coming up with new ideas and concepts. There are times when I can sit in front of the computer for hours with no inspiration at all.

What's your favorite scene?

One of my favorite scenes in The Chosen is when Alex faces his nemesis for the last time. Alex has been annointed with supernatural power that even the forces of darkness sit back in awe. There is this one scene where he is thrown into the sea of fire, and.. well, I wont say too much as that will give the plot away :-)

What do you hope readers will say about your book?

I hope my readers will say that they loved my novel and await for the second one
to come out.

What's next for you?

Next for me is writing Bloodline of Darkness, which is the second in the trilogy in the life of Alex Manning - A man who is put in the middle of a spiritual conflict he otherwise wants no part of. Bloodline of Darkness is set seven years after The Chosen. Alex has forsaken his powers to live a "normal" life, and the forces of Tartarus have arisen to harvest the souls of humans and plunge the world into darkness. Alex once again must stand and save humanity but can he overcome the ever present darkness that also reigns in his own heart?

The Chosen is available through his website:
http://authorcamilson.blogspot.com, as well as many other online retailers.

No comments: