Thursday, June 04, 2009

Sons of God by Rebecca Ellen Kurtz


Sons of God is a mythic thriller that tells the tale of a 3,000 year old nephelim, half-human, half-angelic female warrior, disguised as a treasure hunter for mythic items. Raechev-el roams the world hunting down her fallen brethren until now, in the present, some mysterious murders occur at the archaeological dig at Nineveh and forces her to face her worst mistake.

This is a work of fiction that explores some controversial areas that some believe reveals the truth about what is in the Bible. Kurtz’s research in this book also presents an alternate theory on vampires based on ancient religions and civilizations, making it a great read for anyone interested in religion or the supernatural.




Interview with Rebecca Ellen Kurtz:


1. Where did you get the idea for this book?

I was heavily immersed within the darkest spiritual struggle of my life and needed an outlet. Sons of God provided a healing balm as I was forced to understand the hows and whys of my suffering. It began with a very supernatural event that I could not deny yet opposed religious teachings I had been taught. Signs continued to support the supernatural event which led to continuing confusion and anger as I stumbled blindly in pain and isolation searching for an answer. But for the first time in my life, God was silent and my anger towards God grew. The writing of Sons of God gave me peace again and healed that breach. Now, I see the beauty and wisdom in God’s silence.

The breakthrough to my healing came after watching the film The Exorcism of Emily Rose which tells of a Catholic priest who was accused of negligence when a girl died from some failed exorcist attempts. It made me begin reflecting over my past experiences. I have been physically assaulted by demons like she had, but I was able to cast them away from me before anything bad could happen. When I began connecting those experiences to the supernatural events that occurred, my eyes were opened. What I had thought were signs from God were not; they were supernatural signs from demons to destroy my relationship with God. What had been foretold along with supporting signs did not come true, and distance grew between me and God, and I finally understood demonic deception.

This led to an enormous amount of research for me to be better prepared in the future from ever being fooled (demonically deceived) like I had been before. Within this research, I came across the N’filim and their terrestial spirits (entities separate from fallen angels) which gave me a greater understanding to both the Old and New Testaments. I pieced everything together and created a mythic thriller.

2. Can you explain the vampire theory you explore in your book?

Historically and literally, vampire means “blood drinker.” If you follow the genealogical descendants of the Nephelim in the Old Testament, you will see where we get our myths of vampires. The descendants of the Nephelim, post Flood, were described as having unnaturally long lives, were nine to twelve feet tall, and were much paler than mortals. If you know your history, you would also know that these giants were known to drink blood from skulls, flay people alive, and sacrifice babies to demons - these were common practices of the descendants of the Nephelim. So, here we have pale, unnaturally long-lived, paranormal creatures who drank blood recorded by both ancient civilizations and religious texts. The whole undead aspect became popular by Bram Stroker in the 1880s.

3. What was the hardest part of writing the book? The most fun?

The most difficult part of writing this book was re-living the violent, physical demonic assaults that I had suffered through. I went into as much detail as possible in the novel. The most enjoyable aspect was when I felt God healing me as I wrote and came to an understanding on why I had suffered through what I had and hoped that my suffering would be able to help someone else.

4. What do you hope readers get from your book?

I hope their intellect is intrigued, their hearts are touched, and their souls are healed. So many people like I, knowingly and unknowingly, have become bitter and angry at God while continuing to go to Church. Bad things in our life happen, and we blame God. Oftentimes, we think we are given signs from God that do not work out and we’re left confused and questioning. But I want to present an example of demonic deception so that those suffering may see if they have fallen victim to the same thing I had.

I also hope to give a greater understanding and knowledge of the occult since so many youth are being ensnared. As a teacher and coach, I cannot count how many teenagers came to me scared out of their wits because they had tried a seance or played with a ouiji board like they had seen on television or read in books. The world makes demons and evil spirits out to be imaginary, and now children are getting hurt.

5. What's next for you?

I’ve already finished the next two books in the Sons of God series which are being edited right now and am doing research for the fourth and fifth novels. One of my film scripts, 1636, is currently in script competitions and will hopefully find funding within the next year or two. Sons of God was originally a film script, so there are plans to begin development in March 2010.

No comments: