Thursday, December 03, 2009

A Chaunce of Riches by Chelle Cordero


Ben Johnson was hired as a bodyguard for a rich widow and her kid, but he never expected to be working for the woman who had abandoned him just when he had needed her the most. Damn it all, he still wanted her. Samantha Chaunce never thought she would have to explain why she married the rich man instead of Ben. Or that her husband had been murdered...and Ben was the prime suspect.


An Interview with Chelle Cordello:

Why did you write this book? In yet another one of my random thinking spurts, I wondered how far a woman would go to help the man she loves – that’s how Samantha was born. I paired Sam with a guy who was educated in the "school of hard knocks" and who still had an attitude about those who "had".

What was the hardest part? Researching the setting so that it seemed authentic – while I've been to Baltimore and most of the other areas, I was not as familiar with them as my own backyard. Fortunately the internet provides a wealth of virtual sightseeing.

What was easiest or most fun? I will very often talk aloud as one of my characters as I write and I enjoyed talking like Samantha who went from being a financially poor orphan to the very rich widow of a publishing mogul. I enjoyed pretending some of the airs.


What do you hope people get from your book?
Enjoyment, on the surface. And I guess I'd like them to think about what they would be willing to do for the people they love.

How do you want to be remembered as an author? I think I just want to be "remembered".

What's next for you? My next novel Common Bonds: Tangled Hearts will come out next February. This is another romantic suspense that involves some unusual twists of fate, greed, deception and hot romance.

3 comments:

Chelle Cordero said...

Karina, thanks so much for hosting this post about A Chaunce of Riches today!

Malcolm R. Campbell said...

So, if I hid a tape recorder in your writing area, I would hear the books before they reached the page.

Malcolm

Chelle Cordero said...

you would definitely hear me talking to myself.