Monday, December 28, 2009

Help My Husband Has Sexually Abused Our Daughter: a devotional by Debra Butterfield

Help! My Husband Has Sexually Abused Our Daughter is a 30-day devotional based on the Book of Psalms. Written from personal experience, Debra L. Butterfield leads readers through the tumultuous journey of emotions mothers experience with this ordeal. Each reading includes four sections: My Story, Lesson, Take Action and Prayer.



Interview with Debra L. Butterfield

Why did you write this book? I wrote the book because I wanted mothers to know they were not alone in this ordeal and I wanted to help them through it.

What was the hardest part? Even though I thought I was fully healed from my experience, I had some emotional moments that revealed I still felt wounded in some areas. Writing the book helped me gain additional healing.

What was easiest or most fun? The easiest and most uplifting part by far was reading through the Psalms to find appropriate verses to use with each chapter.

What do you hope people get from your book? It is my intent the reader find hope, encouragement, and healing for her wounded spirit as well as practical tools to help her child and family heal.

How do you want to be remembered as an author? I'd like to hope that the openness and honesty about my life breaks down reader barriers and helps them to know I truly care about them and their lives.


What's next for you?
I am working to build a readership through an online magazine called Glory and Strength.com. It's designed to bring readers hope and encouragement for the tough issues in life like abuse through stories of real people and the victories they have experienced.

No comments: